Qualifications Richie Walsh MSc
Board Member of Athletic Rehabilitation and Trainers Ireland (ARTI);
Member of British Association of Sports rehabilitation and Training (BASRaT);
Member of Register of Orthopaedic and Soft Tissue Therapies of Ireland (ROSTI);
Member of the Teaching Council;
Member of Register of Exercise Professionals Ireland (REPs Ireland);
Member of Fitness Professional Ireland (FPI).
2015-2017; Master of Science; Institute of Technology Carlow; Structured Research;
2013–2015; Horners Bachelor of Science; Institute of Technology Carlow; Sports Rehabilitation and Athletic Therapy.
2012–2013; Diploma of Science; University of Limerick; Physical Education and Sports Science;
2010–2012; Higher Certificate of Science; Institute of Technology Carlow; Physiology and Health Science;
2009–2010; F.E.T.A.C. Carlow Institute of Further Education; Physiology and Sport Injury Management;
Continued professional development certified courses
Saint Martin's College, Cork:
- Assessment of Injuries for the Upper Limb (2018),
- Assessment of Injuries for the lower Limb (2019),
- Research Methods for Orthopaedic and Soft Tissue Therapies (2018),
- Rehabilitation Exercises Orthopaedic and Soft Tissue Injuries (2019).
Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council:
- Emergency First Responder (2015, 2018),
- Cardiac First Responder (2015, 2018),
- Occupational First-Aider (2015, 2018).
Dry needling and CPD, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin:
- Mobilisation and Manipulation of the Spine and Peripheral Joints (2016)
- Dry needling (2015).
DJO Global, Guilford, UK:
- Radial Pulse Wave (Shockwave) Therapy (2015):
David G Simon Academy, Switzerland:
- Dry Needling Level 1 (2015):
Killkenny and Carlow Education and Training Board:
- GDPR Information For a Tutor Of Adult Education (2018).
Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine
- On-field Trauma (2018):
- Rehabilitation of the Shoulder (2018),
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound (2016):
- Pitch-side Trauma (2015).
World Federation of Athletic Trainers and Therapy
- Cupping in Myofascial Injuries (2017),
- Trunk and Lower Quadrant Fascial Chains Assessment and Rehabilitation (2017).
All-Ireland Postgraduate Conference in Sport Sciences, Physical Activity and Physical Education
- The DOHA Consensus and Its Application to Hip Assessment (2017).
Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine annual scientific conference (2015, 2016, 2018, 2019),
International Conference and Exhibition on Pain Medicine (2017).
World Federation of Athletic Trainers and Therapy (2015, 2017),
National Council in Health and Fitness in-service (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019).
All-Ireland Postgraduate Conference in Sport Sciences, Physical Activity and Physical Education (2016, 2017).
National Council for Exercise and Fitness:
- Fitness instructor;
- Pilates and Corrective Exercises;
- Personal Trainer.
Water Safety Ireland:
- Pool Lifeguard Level 2,
- Rescue 1,
- Rescue 2,
- Rescue 3.
- Level 1 Instructor,
- Level 2 Instructor (Speed and Power),
- Level 2 Instructor (Endurance).
- Level 1 Instructor.
- Level 1.
Irish Sports Council:
- Child Protection.
- Level 1 Coach.
- Level 2 Swimming Instructor,
- level 1 Swimming Instructor,
- Stroke Analysis,
- Swim Academy.
World Anti-Doping Agency:
- Real Winner.
- Aqua Instructor Level 1.
International Therapy Examination Council (ITEC):
- Level 3 Diploma Holistic Massage;
- Level 3 Diploma Sports Massage;
- Level 3 Diploma Sports Therapy Equipment.
Football Association of Ireland (FAI):
- Kick Start 1;
- Kick Start 2;
- Goal Keeper 1.